System Power Test Engineer - Wireless
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about making battery life phenomenal on devices that are used by millions of people? Do you enjoy measuring, analyzing and optimizing power? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you! In role, you will be challenged to learn Apple’s latest features and technologies to ensure they ship with extraordinary battery life. You will get opportunity to work on the latest Apple iPhone, AppleWatch, iPad etc! Other responsibilities include bringing up new hardware to measure, analyze and tune cellular radio power in close collaboration with other experts in company to improve end user battery life.
- 3+ years hands on experience in wireless System Testing with focus on Power
- Hands on experience with high speed time series power measurement on early stage hardware.
- Hands on experience in developing and validating test cases for mobile devices and cellular technologies (LTE/UMTS/CDMA/VoLTE) using popular test development platforms
- Familiarity with modern cellular standards including LTE, and 5G NR
- Proficiency automation and scripting language/library such as Python3, Pandas or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You will be working closely with cross-functional teams in company to measure and analyze cellular radio power for future Apple products. To be successful in this role, you must have attention to details and passion towards optimizing power. This role will require good understanding of cellular system architecture and knowledge of using modern cellular test equipments to exercise end user network conditions in lab to evaluate power for end to end system use cases.
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or related degree.