Analytics Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store is an exciting environment and a dynamic development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a fast-growing marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts, and, of course, apps. Successful Program Managers are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with the ability to ship complex, customer-facing and internal analytics products under demanding timelines. Bonus points for new product introductions. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement but you have to have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you thrive in conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire Program Management team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgment; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use.
- Analytics and big data engineering program management background
- Technical experience managing analytics, data engineer, data governance, infrastructure, and data integrity
- Experience with data architecture, applications, and metrics instrumentation
- Established new data solutions and has experience maintaining mature data pipelines
- Understanding of emerging concepts like machine learning and predictive analytics
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with big data tools used to store and analyze data
- Demonstrates self-starting, self-motivated, focused, and self-sufficient characteristics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication including presentation skills to all levels of an organization
- Facilitation skills to drive a complex, cross-functional and comprehensive project plan
• Drive and ship large, multi-functional projects and feature areas • Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation • Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself) • Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the iTunes Store team • Own overall multi-functional schedules, including iTunes Store development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems • Collaborate with Design, Engineering, QA, Legal, Finance, Privacy, Anti-Fraud, Analytics, Marketing, and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop new iTunes features.
Education & Experience
Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering majors preferred