CPU Power Management Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core OS team is looking for an exceptional software engineer to lead, design and implement new application processor's (CPU) power/performance algorithms. In this unique and highly visible role, you will be at the center of power/performance optimization efforts interfacing with multiple hardware and software teams and leading the adoption of your algorithms. You will also be required to prototype and explore novel CPU/SoC power management schemes. The influence of the proposed innovations will span across CPU micro-architecture, driver design, kernel scheduling schemes, global operating system and applications behavior, striving to satisfy both word class system performance and energy efficiency at the same time.
- Knowledge of microprocessor architectures and hardware/software dependencies
- Previous experience in writing and debugging complex kernel drivers
- Experience in performance tuning and analysis of systems
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of C and C++. ARM/x86 assembly is a plus.
Invent new CPU power/performance management algorithms Design, implement and optimize CPU/SoC power/performance management software Demonstrate and explain cross functionally system power/performance trade-offs Influence software design and specifications of future SoC hardware platforms
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in the embedded power management
- Proven track record leading new technology development with hardware/software dependencies
- Understanding of system and silicon power management, including clock management and DVFS
- Understanding of common kernel scheduling schemes
- Knowledge of control system theory
- Knowledge of data analysis languages such as R, Matlab, etc.
- Experience with system and silicon power modeling Experience with IOKit drivers on OS X or iOS is a plus