Senior Manager, Communications and Creative Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple - how online orders are placed, the customer experience with technology in our retails stores, how much network capacity we need around the world and so much more. The Strategy and Programs team within IS&T leads strategic multi-functional initiatives across IS&T, including how we inform and collaborate with our employees. We are looking for an authoritative leader for the Communications and Creative Services team who will develop and implement communications strategies to inform, engage, align and encourage employees. In this role you are part strategist, part coach, part editor. You are a capable people leader who can recognize, develop and cultivate others’ talents to help them succeed. You are especially savvy navigating a large multi-functional organization with gravitas and clarity. You have a passion for nurturing relationships with business partners and senior leaders, while never losing your footing and rooting in the day to day work. Being a leader of strategy, you are able to adapt and flex to different types fo people and ways of working to successfully get to a shared outcome. This means setting the example for others and bringing them along. This is an exciting time for the organization when we are crafting the future for how we communicate and connect with our IS&T employees and the rest of Apple.
- 10+ years developing and presenting communications plans and strategies within a media, marketing, publishing, or PR environment. With several years of experience leading functional teams of strategists, creatives, and editors.
- Shown passion for the audience experience, design, written and rich media communications, and knowledge for how to use each to achieve communications goals.
- Ability to ‘see around corners’ and think about the long term needs, goals and strategies for effective engagement and communications.
- Ability to fluidly navigate between strategy and execution (can develop high-level strategic plans and also produce crisp, clear communications).
- Outstanding writing skills and strong ability to craft messages or communication campaigns that motivate behavior change and mobilize our people.
- Experience working with international extended teams to define global communication strategies and support the needs of our regions.
- Extraordinary ability to grow internal relationships, work optimally within multi-functional teams and lead through ambiguity as a leader and directly responsible individual.
- Validated ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communication strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Strong learning agility and curious attitude; ask questions, listen, learn and apply insights to changing conditions.
- Deep experience in executive and business communications, with a preference for operations and tech focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Develop and execute our communications strategy for IS&T, which will include a wide breath of responsibilities such as: Craft and publish a wide variety of materials such as executive presentations, email communications, web content, newsletters, etc Support IS&T-wide communications efforts like all-hands meetings, tech summits, CIO messages, announcements, etc Work closely with product and engineering teams, develop product launch campaigns to build excitement and awareness around new Apple-wide systems launches or updates Support employee initiatives and programs like career development, leadership development, performance evaluations, rewards and recognitions Innovate and develop current and new channels to effectively get messages out, reaching the widest audience possible You have the ability to define and measure what success looks like by developing metrics and being able to describe outcomes in clear and sensible ways people can understand and come back to Drive and maintain senior leadership engagement and alignment, facilitating and supporting key decisions. Implement standard methodologies and processes (e.g. for planning, resource needs/management, schedule management and communications) and help drive adoption of them throughout the organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)