Technical Program Manager - Semiconductor
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Technical Program Manager - Semiconductor You will take the lead in driving technical, operational and quality issues related to custom semiconductor devices from the earliest stages of new product introduction, engineering builds, ramp up and throughout product lifecycle. Work with module and sensor teams to quickly resolve technical and operational issues and interface between sensor vendors and downstream module integrators. The group covers image sensors and compound semiconductor devices, along with a range of drivers and sensors used inside modules for all systems.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering and/or Quality Engineering
- Deep technical expertise with semiconductor background is mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of wafer test, yield, wafer fab processes, wafer packaging and back-end issues.
- Familiarity with quality systems and control
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, influencing and negotiation.
- Teamwork: Constant collaboration with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Flexibility: Evening and weekend work will be required. The job also requires significant international travel up to 30%.
- Set a vision for constant product quality and operational improvements year over year. Set aggressive targets and drive plans to achieve. - Be involved at product concept to ensure products are manufacturable, and conduct Design for Manufacture reviews. Build in constant design improvement for product quality, factory efficiency and product cost. - Approve vendor process, process flow and equipment for new devices. - Manage new process introduction and special projects, such as new testers. - Review and approve sensor manufacturing Quality Control Plans (tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Module integrators. - Audit and approve device manufacturers for Mass production readiness. - Ensure device vendors are conforming to Apple specs and requirements. - Ensure timely test correlation activities and close test gaps between device, module and system. - Contribute to mass production release reviews and verify that all we are ready to ramp. - In mass production, lead resolution of device related quality issues in wafer fab, back-end processing, transit and module integrator. - Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate. - Drive FACA for sensor related returns from integrators, field returns, and EFFA issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. - Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are maintained accurately - Raise and balance formal company-wide Quality Alerts - Organize three way meetings with device vendors and module integrators to get feedback on downstream issues and to ensure smooth co-working. Assist and arbitrate as needed. - Manage the quality relationship with image sensor vendors. This involves regular face to face reviews, efficient vendor reporting systems and audits. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at vendors are in line with requirements. - Regularly provide status reporting updates to executives and escalation when needed. Collaborate with other groups: - Work with internal Supplier Quality Engineers at module integrators. - Close coordination with device design team, module design team and NPI project managers. - Interface with reliability engineering and system quality engineers
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or allied technical subject.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.