Sr. Optical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently seeking an optical design engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, and coordinating manufacture and testing of a lidar optical design. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- - M.S. or higher in Optical design, or a related field, with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- - Proficiency with Zemax or similar lens design software
- - Hands on experience with lasers, photonics, optics, fiber optics
- - Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
To succeed within this role, you should have solid experience in several of the following areas: - Design and manage fabrication and testing of lidar optical design. - Initial optical design to meet system requirements - Work with mechanical design team to implement complete opto-mechanical design - Complete a thorough tolerancing analysis over the expected manufacturing, and environmental conditions. - Complete detailed scattering analysis of transceiver, and complete module design - Design and prototype any required manufacturing alignment processes - Oversee bring-up of production line and test processes required to fabricate the design. - Debug, and trouble-shooting of any problems that arise with the system during testing and use. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.