Technical Release Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. The Interactive team is exciting and fast-paced; it’s a great place for people with exacting standards who want their work to matter. The Interactive Release Operations team within Marcom is responsible for the successful deployment of updates to www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com) including those of major launch events and day to day publishing operations. The Interactive Release Manager will be directly supporting producers, development, and content teams that are creating and publishing content to one of Apple’s most trafficked websites. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a build/release role previously, has strong communication skills, and knows how to handle the unexpected.
- Solid experience in successfully managing change in a dynamic, global work environment
- Experience managing and administering an SCM (e.g. SVN/Git)
- Experience with automating manual processes, as well as knowledge of automation in a CI/CD context
- Python, Bash, Groovy scripting experience.
- Outstanding attention to details and commitment to excellence.
- Experience managing and configuring web servers (e.g. Apache/NGINX)
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Experience with web application security preferred
- Capable of working under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- Able to work equally well with people in creative as well as technical positions
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following: - Coordinate and collaborate with Delivery Teams, DevOps, QA, and Platform Engineering to ensure that all of engineering's responsibilities for a release are met prior to release of updates for www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com) - Continually work toward making improvements in the release process - Create and maintain release checklists, providing documentation and cross-training for stakeholders. - Identify and communicate risks which could affect the release scope, schedule, and quality - Work with producers and development teams to build a centralized view of all release schedules - Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations - Work with dev teams to understand impacts of branches and code merges - Identify processes for automation and ensure automation is implemented with a focus on efficiency - High-level administration for Interactive systems (provisioning of development environments, user management, permissions, etc.) - Work flexible hours to support releases and environment refreshes for teams across the globe.
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience