Quartz Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group at Apple is seeking a creative and highly motivated systems engineer to directly improve the user experience for every macOS user. The Graphics and Display Acceleration team builds the components that are critical for interactivity and rendering of every application that you see on screen. You will be critical in working on exciting new features and products that ensure macOS delivers rock solid responsiveness, usability and reliability.
- Strong software development and debugging skills in C/C++
- Experience in performance profiling and tuning
- Familiarity with developing multi-threaded applications
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and systems design
- Passion for learning new concepts and technologies
- Ability to breakdown and prioritize tasks to solve complex problems
- Focus on exceptional quality and an attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with engineers across multiple teams
- Knowledge of graphics programming or GPUs a plus
We are looking for an engineer with strong technical and programming skills to work on software that is vital to the user experience for the millions of customers who use Apple's products every day. In this role you would focus on building and improving a systems framework and daemon that is responsible for display compositing, user session management, application windows, event control and many other functionalities below the application level. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work with teams at all levels of the OS stack, from providing functionality that is essential to the look and feel of the OS to utilizing new graphics features on the latest and greatest hardware. Optimizing code for performance, stability and power are critical to providing a high quality experience on all of our platforms.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent