Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group is looking for extraordinary compiler engineers to help enhance Apple’s existing compiler technologies and build new technologies. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day.
- Proficient with advanced C++ development
- Experience working on compilers
- Passionate about rigid testing methodologies
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
This is an opportunity to actively contribute to existing open source technologies like LLVM, Clang, and Swift. You will be part of a small team of compiler engineers building a new set of domain-specific compilers, where you’ll be able to shape the design and architecture of the domain-specific languages and compiler. You will create software that directly impacts the way people develop content for our platforms. Work with leading industry experts in compilers and language design to define and deliver enhancements to existing compilers and to design and create new domain-specific compilers and tools. You'll work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry building the most amazing products. Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply even if you are missing some of the qualifications.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Preferred Qualifications:
- * 3 years experience in software development
- * Experience designing new programming language syntaxes
- * Experience working with Clang, Swift, or other projects that use LLVM
- * Experience collaborating on an open source project
- * Experience with JIT compilation a plus