Software Engineering Manager - Localization Frameworks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Localization Frameworks Team is responsible for the Xcode localization workflow, and framework level support for localization and internationalization across Apple OS platforms. We are looking for a creative, motivated, and technical engineering manager to lead the team that designs and builds great developer localization experiences, and international framework support. Someone with deep technical skills and a passion for this area is required.
- Strong programming and technical skills.
- Seasoned and experienced software engineering leadership skills
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A thorough understanding of internationalization and localization issues and their impact on delivering software releases.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- 2 years of software engineering team management experience
- 5 years of Xcode programming experience
- 5 Years of OS Systems or Frameworks technical experience
You will manage the team that will design, implement, and qualify features for a wide variety of Xcode’s localization workflows, and international framework support for Apple OS platforms. You will interface with software engineering teams, software QA teams, engineering project managers, and the developer relations team to ensure that Apple delivers world-class software products to our millions of end users, and 3rd party developers around the world. To excel in this role you’ll need a genuine passion for software maintainability, organization, testability, and readability and a drive to find simpler solutions to complex problems and workflows. Duties include: - Managing the software engineering team that delivers Frameworks, System and App level localization and internationalization features and fixes - Managing the software engineering team that delivers the Xcode localization workflow and support - Authoring and reviewing code - Identifying areas of improvement in existing tools and processes, and addressing issues with innovative solutions. - Working cross-functionally with engineering, design, QA and project management teams throughout Apple to help ship amazing international software products.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in both macOS and iOS software development..
- A “power user” of Apple Products.
- A strong background in UNIX.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Passion for Apple products and the international user and developer experience.