System Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The System EPM is responsible for leading a broad cross-functional team in developing NPI (New Product Introduction) projects. They facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they drive day-to day program activities, system build planning and execution, risk assessments, etc to meet overall program objectives for Apple development projects.
- 4-8+ years of industry experience.
- 4-8+ years of project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in presenting to senior executives.
- Experience with portable consumer electronics devices and their life cycles.
- Strong technical background that includes EE, ME. Wireless and Mechatronics background is a plus.
- Experienced in setting up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Ability to travel internationally to support builds.
The System EPM is responsible for leading a broad cross-functional team in developing NPI projects. The position requires phenomenal leadership skills and the ability to influence and inspire team members. The role requires excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience. We are seeking self motivated and proactive candidates with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities. The flawless candidate understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and demonstrates great teamwork. The candidate must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members; be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals; and contribute positively to the engineering design and development environment. - Lead cross functional development teams and interface with external stakeholders like marketing, finance, operations - Lead and track development schedules - Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks - Interface and work with Apple’s contract manufacturers to execute system build events - Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and management - Synchronize the project with the Apple development process
Education & Experience
- BS EE/CE/ME degree required, MS desired.