Software Development Engineer in Test
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Be a part of the most exciting products in the market today—the revolutionary iPhone, the magical iPad, the Apple Watch, and more. Our team creates solutions centered around apps, services, tools, and systems that help Apple engineering teams worldwide realize the vision of the products they invent. We invite you to be part of this phenomenon!
- 5 years of experience in a professional quality or software engineering position
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented individual, with excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Familiarity with building test plans and automation for complex full stack applications
- Experience with technologies common to modern web application and service development, i.e. HTTP, TLS, JSON, XML, and cryptography
- In depth knowledge of back end development technologies such as Java, Python, and related frameworks
- Experience with testing and automation of Java-based web services; end-to-end as well as unit testing using frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
- Experience with testing and automation of browser-based applications deployed on a variety of platforms, including automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience with testing and automation of iOS and macOS applications
- Experience with relational database technologies such as Oracle or Postgres
- Experience with source control technologies like Git
- Experience with non-relational storage solutions such as Cassandra and Solr
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
This hands-on role demands the best and brightest; the ideal candidate will be well rounded and offer a diverse skillset that aligns with the key qualifications listed above. Our team’s focus areas include Device Services; responsible for activating every iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPod, and HomePod worldwide, and Radar; Apple’s birth-to-death ecosystem for managing product and feature planning, testing, and defects. This is a highly cross-functional role; we interact closely with technical and business teams all across Apple and other third party partners. Day to day responsibilities will include: • Continual interaction with engineering, infrastructure, site reliability, project management, and partner technical and business teams to develop engineering specifications • Work with other quality and performance engineers to develop test plans/test cases and supporting automation, establishing standards, estimate effort and coordinate test execution • Identification and documentation of defects, and work with stakeholders to prioritize resolution • Work with stakeholders to define and continually assess metrics that track product quality We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS in engineering, computer science or other technical disciplines plus 5 years of related experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.