AI/ML Software Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Build Machine Learning & Experimentation platforms to empower Apple engineers in delivering great user experiences. Our team is solving key challenges in operating ML workflows for data collection, deployments, and experimentation at the scale of billions of devices. Does this interest your creative and development chops? If so, come join our team! Our work is complex and highly visible. We are a small team and the opportunities for you to make an impact are boundless. This position is open to candidates looking to work in the Bay Area or Seattle, Washington.
- You have 1-2 years of software development experience
- Experience building applications/services with Python / Java / Scala
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL databases
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
You will primarily be responsible for implementing features & building platforms to enable on-device and device/server side combined ML workflows. For example, build service to rollout / rollback experiments to billions of devices in just few hours, build highly scalable systems to process billions of events daily, build data visualization tools to facilitate analysis & synthesis of complex datasets. You will possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Computer Science
- Experience with big data technologies, eg Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- An appreciation how a platform design impacts end-user experience
- Experience using or working with NLP or machine learning technology