Data Center Break Fix Technician
Maiden, North Carolina, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Are you excited by working and learning in a fast moving dynamic environment? Do you wish to be challenged and to think outside of the box? We are searching for a highly motivated detail oriented Break Fix Technician that will hold the responsibility for maintaining and deploying servers in a high-demand significant critical data center environment.
- A minimum of 2 or more years experience installing and solving problems server hardware.
- Have the ability to lift and move 50lbs equipment daily.
- At least 4 years experience working in a large high-demand data center environment (10,000+ servers).
- Ability to successfully work with minimal supervision.
- A self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Capable of working shifts, which may include weekends and or holidays.
- Lead multiple projects and prioritize urgent tasks.
- Maintain a high degree of self-motivation, drive and integrity.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Good social, written and verbal relational skills.
- Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Strong knowledge of physical IT infrastructures.
- Documented troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency with CLI.
- Experience with low voltage and optical experience
- Responsible for optical connectivity troubleshooting
- Deep understanding of networking standards
- Multimeter and Oscilloscope familiarity
- Follow and perform the data center's safety programs and policies.
- Familiarity with Apple’s Hardware Environment: Apple, IBM pSeries and xSeries, Sun, HP, Datadomain, NetApp, Teradata, IBM Storage
- UNIX user level, system administration preferred
We are seeking a forward-thinking teammate that will work quickly to respond to incidents received by phone or ticket from 24x7 NOC. You will resolve problems with hardware, software, and network failures in a highly advanced demanding datacenter. You will also be responsible for testing and repairing server hardware electronic components. In addition, isolate and resolve network connectivity issues in the data center fiber and copper infrastructure. A confirmed attention to detail and effective documentation skills are important components to success in this position.
Education & Experience
Associates or Bachelors degree or relevant experience BICSI/RCDD Certification