Wireless Embedded Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly, and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. You will be joining a team of expert software and hardware engineers with diverse backgrounds (Cellular Modems, Connectivity solutions, Device Drivers, CPUs and caching, kernel programming, embedded systems) to test Wireless functions in Apple's next generation products. As part of the Wireless team you will develop or port test software to evaluate various features/functions and debug hardware and silicon issues in the latest prototypes.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Experienced with embedded software
- Assembly language programming skills a plus
- Experience with hardware/software interaction
- You have familiarity with computer/system/SoC architecture
- You have experience and/or are interested in writing code to test IO devices and/or functional units
- Familiar with bench debug equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers and DMMs
The Wireless Embedded Engineer will collaborate with designer and architects in both HW and SW to understand new features and various functional blocks and their use-cases. She or he will write, debug, and integrate new tests for the products targeting integrated Wireless chipsets, complex Digital Interfaces and Power Management Subsystems. Push functional blocks in prototypes to their limits and debug issues surfaced during testing. Work with other groups and organizations to understand various functions down to hardware block level and develop associated test software. Work closely with hardware design engineers to debug hardware/silicon issues exposed during testing. Architect and test frameworks to scale into factory with large scale. Support product development builds locally and remotely
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.