Logistics Planning Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The #1 Supply Chain in the world is looking for an innovative Business Planning Manager to be part of our Logistics organization for the Americas. This exciting position will support all planning and new product introduction for Apple customers in the Americas and will report to the Director of AMR Logistics. This leader is responsible for activities relating to the operational planning for all logistics functions to include DC and transportation planning as well as overseeing a team that plans the logistics responsibilities for new product launches. Deliverables include capacity planning for peak events and sustaining operations from 1-month to 5-years with a focus on supply chain optimization while working with our Supply Demand Planning team in the US. If this describes you, we would love to have you apply for this role!
- You combine extraordinary analytical capabilities, business savvy and leadership skills.
- You bring thoughtful influence in a matrixed organization, be a strong collaborator and communicator.
- You have experience presenting to executive management.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of proficiency in working with numbers.
- You will lead a team that will forecast DC and transportation capacity against tactical and strategic forecast. Generate monthly, quarterly and annual capacity plans that meet Apple’s financial objectives. Evaluate risks. Work with matrixed organization to plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. - You will collaborate with the global logistics teams to represent the Americas logistics in planning new product launches, ensuring that the Americas team is ready and prepared for any new products. - You will be a key partner across the Americas team representing Logistics in product launch planning and post-mortems, driving initiatives to root cause problem areas and sustain areas of excellence. - Present capacity and product launch updates and recommended actions to Operations executive management team on a weekly basis. - Superior leadership skills in traditional direct report and matrix environments - Strategic and creative thinker who is exceptionally adept with quantitative analysis - Results-driven achiever who is able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly - Broad, strategic thinker, experienced in change management - Ability and demonstration to work cross functionally in a dynamic matrix environment - ~10% travel required
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, MS/MBA preferred Prior experience in fields that demand complex quantitative analysis such as finance or engineering is desired. Prior experience in product planning, logistics modeling, capacity planning, or production/manufacturing operations is a plus.