Sr Audio Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing the audio experience for game and future audio technologies
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++ and OOP
- Experience with driver or operating system development
- Deep understanding of multi-core embedded HW System and RTOS.
- Good understanding of computer architecture.
- Should be familiar with compilers, linkers, and source code management utilities.
- Able to review hardware engineering schematics
- An interest in audio and improving audio on Mac and iOS platforms
- Highly motivated and self-directed, quick learner.
The Senior Audio Driver Engineer is directly responsible for the development of all aspects of audio drivers for the Macintosh and iOS hardware platform. You will work with the Audio Design & Engineering Team, innovating in small groups with high initiative. You will be asked to make significant engineering contributions to industry-leading hardware products. You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of project-based audio driver design and software development. - Design and implement audio drivers - Driver bring up on new codecs - Kernel level debugging - Participate in audio hardware design reviews - Debug prototype software and hardware - Participate in medium and large scale software engineering processes - Craft and maintain engineering documentation
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent.