watchOS Performance QA - Tools and Automation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple has a world-class reputation for product quality and we need your help to keep those high standards for Mac Performance. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in our quality engineering process, working in a fast-paced environment across a range of technologies to help us ensure we have best-of-class performance!
- Excellent understanding and application of scripting language, such as Python
- Familiarity with automated test execution and maintaining automated tests
- Good debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Building and Maintaining automation infrastructure experience is preferred
- System level knowledge on software and hardware is preferred
- Experience with performance testing is preferred
Responsibilities include writing new automated tests and/or building automation frameworks, including troubleshooting and debugging any issues with automation and automated tests. Additionally, responsible for automated or manual test execution, analyzing test results, reproducing and reporting issues, assist in identifying and reproducing test blocking and automation blocking bugs, and interacting with cross functional team members for performance related tasks and deliverables. Successful candidates will have excellent organizational and communication skills -- you'll be running many different tests at a time, across many different scenarios on a large scale and need to keep careful track of the results -- as well as the creativity and initiative to help us proactively discover performance issues or areas for improvement.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based in our San Diego, California location. Travel of up to 20% will also be required.