Senior Software Engineer - Web Applications
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Collaboration & Productivity engineering team mission is simple, but meaningful - provide Apple employees with phenomenal tools that help everyone work faster and smarter, and communicate with more efficiently. Our software engineering team is looking for an additional senior engineer who can provide high-impact contribution across the stack, from frontend web applications to API design all the way down to the infrastructure layer. If you’d like to be part of an elite team that makes a huge impact at Apple, we’d love to hear from you!
- 5-10 years industry experience working as a Software Engineer. Not only do you write phenomenal code yourself, but the rest of the team is made more productive by your experience and decisions.
- Hands-on experience “full stack”. This means you can contribute meaningfully anywhere on the application from a web UI to the backend layer, to the infrastructure configuration. Bring deep experience in at least one of these areas.
- Strong computer science fundamentals - you should bring an understanding of commonly used data structures & algorithms for solving real-world problems.
- Experience writing testable code and following test driven development principles.
- Proven infrastructure experience - should know how to architect an application in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Postgres, MySQL or similar.
- Reasonable experience on a Unix terminal, scripting, and automation is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to wear different hats, do whatever it takes ability and attitude.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with relevant experience.