Seattle, Washington, United States
Apple’s People Analytics team is accountable for equipping decision-makers with data-driven insights through analytics to make the best decisions about people — individuals, teams, and organizations. This close-knit, highly productive, and well-regarded team is looking for a key player with complementary skills to help deliver on its vision of democratizing talent insights through research and technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytics and data engineering role
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- Mastery of relational databases (SQL or MySQL)
- Ability to translate business processes and data into analytics solutions.
- A strong foundation in data modeling, including at least 3 years of relevant business or people analytics experience, and a commitment to data governance
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and non-technical stakeholders and drive collaboration
- Experience with Python or any scripting language a plus
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Desired Attributes
- Outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication capabilities
- Ability to pivot between widely divergent tasks and subject matter on short notice, and rapidly adapt to varied audiences.
- A record of adding value to work outcomes through innovation and an orientation toward continuous refinement and improvement
- Highly thorough and detail-oriented
- A highly collaborative person who is passionate about technology and driven to get things done.
The Sr Data Engineer will play a lead role in designing, developing and scaling Apple’s people analytics database and architecture - HRBI (human resources business intelligence). They will be responsible for driving and managing data source integrations as well as defining load and transformation strategies to make data meaningful for analytics and reporting. This person will also play a key role in assuring quality assurance through peer code reviews. The ideal candidate will be an individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills along with equally strong communication and influencing skills. This highly collaborative role will work with partner teams, vendors and consultants and require to possess the ability to translate complex data and process concepts into scalable analytics solutions that power our visualizations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Technical graduate degree preferred; or equivalent practical experience