Market Research Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Store is a retail environment like no other — uniquely focused on delivering amazing customer experiences. With over 500 Retail locations in countries around the world, we connect millions of customers to Apple products and services. Does the idea of analyzing Apple retail store customer experience data in collaboration with business partners to provide insights sound like your dream job? Our team leverages the NetPromoter system, a global NPS survey program that runs 24/7/365 worldwide, to inform and inspire thousands of team members and leaders to continuously improve the retail experience. We’re looking for a dynamic Market Research Analyst to join our diverse team to focus on providing actionable, customer-centric insights and recommendations to the business as Apple Retail continues to evolve.
- Experienced quantitative client or vendor side Market Research professional, grounded in established survey methods, sampling, questionnaire writing, and analytical techniques. International experience especially preferred.
- Passionate about using customer experience and NPS data and analysis to influence others.
- Self-directed, motivated, and comfortable working in a fast paced, highly matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical, project management, and coordination skills.
- Strong communication skills, with a creative and fresh approach to understanding and disseminating insights.
- Driven to get the whole story.
- Able to operate independently, as well as to collaborate easily with others to draw insights across a variety of sources.
- Great time management.
- Comfortable working in and bringing structure to ambiguous environments.
- Enjoy supporting a worldwide program that involves dozens of countries and languages with high visibility.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and business needs.
- Experienced in the technology sector and Retail. Experience working in an Apple Retail Store is especially preferred.
As a member of the Trends & Insights team, you will be responsible for a range of activities regularly. You’ll quickly turn around custom projects, utilizing a variety of methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative), and leveraging multiple internal platforms and external systems in order to deliver relevant insights across a variety of audiences. You’ll own the process end to end, from methodology design and questions to analysis and presentation. You’ll transform data into actionable insights, creating stories that inspire leadership and frontline team members to drive behaviors that create better customer experiences. You’ll innovate with new methodologies, processes, and tools to help optimize the feedback program. Collaboration with partners and team members to define key business objectives is key. Thoughtfully crafting your analytical approach, creating intuitive communications tailored to the audience to convey insights, and your ability to speak confidently about your findings and recommendations in email, in person, and when presenting to a range of audiences is critical to success in this role. You’ll be part of a broader team that also conducts ad hoc quantitative and qualitative studies, as well as usability research to help optimize digital content online and in-store. We partner closely with analytics and strategy teams to provide comprehensive points of view. We are embedded with business partners across Apple, working closely on strategic initiatives to help inform and move what matters.
Education & Experience
Minimum of 5-10 years of Market Research experience. Bachelor Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Working knowledge of querying databases, especially Teradata with SQL, and experience with reporting visualization tools would be a bonus.
- Foreign language proficiency would be a bonus.