CPU Power Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have an uncommon desire to seek out and solve exceedingly difficult challenges rather than the easy ones? Do you believe that truly valuable and meaningful accomplishments are the result of pushing the limits of perseverance? Do you believe that a world-class team with relentless drive can surpass even their own high expectations? We do! But we also realize this job isn’t for everyone. What we do isn’t easy but you don’t take the easy path. Apple is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious CPU Architect to join our group that is driving advanced exploration for next generation architectures!
- You should have experience and knowledge of power and power management of large partitions such as CPU or GPU. Experience in dealing with power characterization and estimation of workload power and/or performance based on data science techniques is required.
- You will be setting direction thus you must be comfortable in an environment of uncertainty and able to work through ambiguities.
- We believe in the power of teams working together so you must have strong communication, influence, and negotiation skills.
- We are a data driven group and believe in the power of individuals proving their own ideas therefore we prefer you have hands on experience with high-level simulators for performance or power estimation.
- Proficiency in C and C++.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl, Python.
- Knowledge and experience with common power benchmarks and workloads.
As a CPU power architect you will work independently on developing new capabilities for power estimation using advanced learning algorithms. You will drive characterization of data in both pre-silicon and post silicon environments, perform analysis and develop models for predictions, perform validation of the data and bring the models to production. Additionally you will work with design and post silicon teams to improve the silicon based inline power estimations hardware and help improve overall accuracy. You will also work with hardware and software teams across Apple to identify opportunities to improve CPU power management with a goal of improved power efficiency and responsiveness.
Education & Experience
- MS or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering