Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Infrastructure Services Software Development team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and hard-working engineer to be part of a diverse, fast paced and high-energy team. We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to build high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power the analytics platform and data pipelines. You will be responsible for developing some of the key components of the platform, collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring together requirements and mentor junior members in the team. You will be contributing to key and innovative technology which supports major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that entails.
- You are highly expert and battle tested, a lead or core contributor on data processing projects
- Consistent record of designing and implementing scalable, performant data pipelines, data services, and data products.
- This is a hands-on position, expect to write more code
- Programming experience in building high quality software. Skills with Java, Python or Scala preferred
- Proficiency in Hadoop, Kafka, Spark and MPP/No SQL databases like Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake in a large scale environment
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies related to Data Management and Data Science.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Work with noisy, dirty and unstructured data. Data cleansing, scraping unstructured data and converting into structured data
- Evaluate, benchmark and improve the scalability, robustness, efficiency and performance of big data platform and applications
- Experience building reports using Tableau, Microstrategy
- Knowledge in engineering machine learning, feature engineering systems is a plus.
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking and communication skills
In this role, you will be building big data platform using a combination of integration framework and Big Data processing technologies. A strong understanding of distributed systems and strong experience in using open source framework to build applications is required. As a senior member of the team, you are encouraged to take ownership of individual platform components and help set the vision and architecture for it. In the process, you will identify the requirements of new features, and propose design and drive the solution.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience is required.