Cloud: Sr. Software Engineer / ML Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. We are looking for hardworking and strong software engineerings (at all levels of seniority) to help us build the next generation Experimentation platform for Apple. Our team is solving key challenges in automating experiment setup, assignment, delivery, and analysis, to make experimentation easy and fast. You’ll work in a small and diverse team, building new functionalities and collaborating across groups. You’ll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm, and optimization efforts to ship product with impact. This position requires a broad set of software engineering skills, focusing on experimentation processes. You should have experience with shipping production systems that scale to millions of users.
- You've earned a: (a) PhD in Computer Science with experience building production systems, or (b) MS in CS with 4+ years of experience in working with large data projects with at least 1 year running experiments or building experimentation platform, or (c) BS in CS with 6+ years of experience in the industry with at least 2 year running experiments or building experimentation platform.
- Proven track record of delivering production software.
- Experience building large scale applications/services with Java, Scala, Go or Python.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed frameworks.
- Strong data-driven thinking.
- Proven mathematical knowledge.
- STRONG WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
In this role, you’ll - Build platforms and features which will help data driven decision-making and improve Apple’s user experience. - Build tools that allow our customers to analyze the results of A/B experiments as well as proactive monitoring of the health of experiments. - Build distributed backend systems serving A/B experimentation at Apple scale. - Build data visualization tools to facilitate analysis & synthesis of complex datasets. - Provide technical leadership. - Influence data-driven optimization efforts.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science with 6+ years experience M.S. in Computer Science with 4+ years experience PH.D. IN CS, INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE A PLUS