Retail Engineering Manager - Edge Retail
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join the Edge Retail Engineering team, one of the most ambitious teams within Apple Inc. We are a fun, creative and tight-knit group of hardworking engineers, who are passionate about enriching lives at Apple Retail, and we are a team that keeps pushing the boundaries of what’s possible so our amazing store teams can continue delivering incredible experiences to the nearly 500 million people that visit our 510+ Apple retail stores worldwide. We are seeking a terrific Manager to lead our team. The network services that our team provides ensures devices at Apple store can get on the network and function accurately. The retail Content Delivery Networks we operate facilitates download experiences for App Store apps, iOS updates, and more, and the computing infrastructure we deploy for retail is the foundational platform for in-store applications like Point-of-Sale (POS). We work with various teams around the world to support Apple stores. The ideal candidate for this leadership role will be responsible for the team, including the management and operations of all in-store and hub compute services including hardware support, automated systems deployment, retail point-of-sale (POS) computing environments, virtual networking systems, IP address allocation (DHCP), and content delivery systems (CDN). The successful candidate will demonstrate clear leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- 5+ years experience managing global Linux engineering and/or DevOps engineering staff
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct the work of a technical team
- Strong communications, leadership and interpersonal skills; an ability to interact with all levels within the organization and express a well thought out point of view
- Linux, virtualization, automation, and configuration management: GIT, Jenkins, Python, shell scripting, and Puppet
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, including proven ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to set priorities and manage tight deadlines
- Experience with budget planning, forecasting and tracking of OPEX and CAPEX budgets
- Ability to create teams and partnerships within the field and corporate organization
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/creatively, turn information into effective strategies, and drive results
- Proven ability to inspire, coach, and develop team members to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Ability to understand Business requirements and make quick decisions
Looking for an authority in Linux systems engineering/DevOps engineering manager that has experience leading outstanding staff. This position requires a deep understanding of the Linux OS, virtualization, and automation tools. This also requires that he/she will provide strategic direction, technical leadership and management leadership. This is an excellent opportunity to work within an environment that has the ability to make a huge impact for our customers’ experience within the retail store. This requires 24/7 uptime and strict release code management cycles. Strategic plans must be built to scale at an accelerated pace collaborating with teams across multiple organizations. The individual must be able to make sound decisions and minimize risk at a given notice.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in a related field. At least three years experience in a management role.