Broadcast Network Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Department Summary The Beats 1 Engineering team manages the production technology behind making some of the world’s greatest music-focused original content. This includes audio, video, editorial, and live broadcasting technology. We’re looking for an experienced network engineer to enhance our production operations.
- You must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You have excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- You have experience with digital audio and video IP technologies such as Dante, AES67 and SMPTE 2110.
- You have the ability to travel for remote broadcasts and recordings as required.
- You are flexible in approach to an ever-changing set of tasks and challenges.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must.
- You have extensive experience with enterprise network switches, routers, VPN technology, and circuits required to connect global broadcast facilities.
- Ideal candidate should have strong Mac OS and Windows skills.
- You have experience facilitating high-speed network requirements for mass networked storage (i.e. Xsan, high speed NAS deployment, etc)
- Cisco Certification preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have 7-10 years experience in network technology for production.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (MacOS, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
System design for all production networking requirements, including audio, video, ingest, editorial, streaming, and global connectivity. Regular maintenance of broadcast/streaming, audio, and video network technology. Deployment, management, and maintenance of all network technology in existing and future sites. R&D new technologies and tools that can be used to enhance our production quality and efficiency. Interfacing with both internal and external partners, and align on network and connectivity requirements for productions. Coordinates and assists with off-site broadcast events, productions, and more.
Education & Experience
7-10 years of related experience BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred