Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The AMP Quality team is looking for a motivated, strong QA Engineer to work on customer facing tools for apps, music and other media products. You'll be performing functional and ad-hoc testing of a variety of specialized web and client based tools in macOS, iOS, and Windows before they are shipped to millions of users across the globe. We're looking for someone who is proactive and has excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate can understand the requirements of an end-user, and the technology and business needs driving the development cycle. Someone who’s done work either developing or modifying automation would be ideal in this role.
- 2+ years of QA experience, with a proven track record detecting and writing bug reports
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- The ability to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate cross-functionally, and to seek out information when required
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Experience with developing or improving automation preferred
The work will involve designing and implementing test plans for new features. You will need to show abilities in communicating with Developers, Engineering Program Managers, and QA Engineers to build proven test plans, execute & report results. This position requires a strong individual contributor that can work on projects independently and collaborate with cross functional teams in addition to working with engineering teams to debug and reproduce issues. Candidate must be multifaceted and prepared to test and regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. We require strong analytical skills in not only approaching and executing tests but in analyzing the details of test results for projects. Strong bug reporting skills and ability to get along with developers are a must.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience