Product Quality Engineer (EE) - Battery Ops
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products. We work in tandem with Apple's renowned designers to develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve ambitious specifications at massive production scale. We manage a network of supplier factories worldwide, with responsibility for our partners' delivery to aggressive schedules. Our focus is on elegant execution of extraordinary battery designs, resulting in products that thrill our customers.
- 5+ years of Experience in handling and qualifying Electrical test Equipment, Statistical data analysis (Process capability, Control Charts)
- Design, troubleshoot and debug electrical functional test equipment such as power supplies and sources, electronic loads, precision voltage and current meters, multiplexers, text fixtures and data interfaces.
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals
- Proven ability to analyze high volume of data and make meaningful inferences
- Experience with high volume manufacturing
- Experience developing processes quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions/failure analysis efforts
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis, and statistical tools.
- Hands-on experience with battery pack manufacturing process and reliability testing strongly desired
- Familiarity with GD&T practices, Metrology, DFMEA and tolerance analysis is a plus
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Self – starter with excellent time management skills and curious spirit
- Strong communication skills
Battery Quality Engineers will be courageous leaders capable of working with multi-functional teams to identify risks, explore solutions, reach consensus and execute mitigations as quickly and efficiently as possible. You will evaluate functional, dimensional and REL challenges through statistical analyses to make data-driven decisions as well as: Qualify EE testers for high volume Battery Pack Production Evaluate Battery Pack EE/REL functional specs in collaboration with Product Design teams based on manufacturing capability Plan DOEs to resolve issues related to Battery performance & process capability, summarize data findings, and implement changes to meet specification standards. Perform failure analysis to understand battery pack failure modes and implement preventive measures. Lead quality related functions for a program and serve as a project manager to push efforts at supplier locations. Monitor vendor process performance improvements through objective measurements using yield gap analysis. 25% travel required
Education & Experience
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering is required, MS degree is preferred.