Supplier Responsibility Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts that have transformed our corporate facilities and supply chain. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made. We insist that our suppliers provide safe working conditions, treat workers with dignity and respect, and use environmentally responsible manufacturing processes. Apple is looking for candidates with experience in social responsibility auditing, monitoring, and capability building. The candidate will also preferably have solid experience in program management and have a background in human resource management. Additional experience in environment, health and safety regulations a plus. This individual will report to the Supplier Responsibility’s Supplier Development Manager as part of the team responsible for contributing to Apple's Supplier Responsibility (SR) program.
- Significant experience with factory operations, monitoring, auditing, and remediation; experience or knowledge of technology sector desired
- Knowledge of applicable national and international regulatory requirements and industry standards related to social responsibility
- Extraordinary project management skills with a maniacal attention to detail, and a demonstrable ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Strong Problem solving/analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently with little direction
Program & Project Management SUPPLIER AUDITS & CAPABILITY BUILDING - Manage auditing processes, including audit schedules, on-site audits with third-party auditors, etc. - Manage suppliers’ corrective action plans and follow through verification audits in order to close out corrective action plans in a timely matter - Educate suppliers to remediate audit findings - Develop suppliers’ capabilities to establish a management system for continuous SR performance improvement - Provide capability related training to suppliers’ internal staff to enhance their knowledge and SR skill set - Develop tools to provide scalable support to suppliers’ self-learning, self-monitoring and self-improvement - Manage focused investigations for core violation cases and follow-through remediation programs in partnership with third-party firms - Work with Apple SR Supplier Development Manager to escalate and resolve any non-compliance issues resulting from SR audits PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - Analyze program needs and conduct workable research - Design and develop programs with detailed implementation timeframes, milestones, stakeholders and resources - Manage the execution of programs, including communication and program planning process - Effectively communicate with suppliers and partner with suppliers to improve SR performance that is beneficial to workers - Create and continuously enhance tools to support program execution and effectiveness - Collect, maintain and present data relevant to program effectiveness and measurable impact and indicators - Maintain program budget and deliverables in timely manner - Participate in other SR team initiatives and programs as needed BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP - Work with the Apple Program Manager and senior team to enhance and evolve SR programs to drive measurable improvements on process efficiency and effectiveness - Work with the Supplier Development Business Engagement and Commodities teams to resolve any dispute or issues before escalating to senior management - Partner with internal business partners such as subject matter experts for capability projects, providing information as needed - Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with internal business functions and third-party audit firms to support SR audits - Educate Apple personnel in SR programs, practices and standards
Education & Experience
- Minimum BA/BS degree, MBA a plus - PMP certification desired, but not required
- - 6+ years prior full-time relevant work experience in social responsibility audits, environmental management, and/or supplier responsibility, preferably with a large corporation and/or consulting firm
- - Minimum BA/BS degree, with understanding and/or educational background in Corporate Social Responsibility or Sustainability
- - Ability to assimilate and learn complex processes in a changing and dynamic work environment on a steep learning curve
- - Sensitive to cultural differences in country/region of coverage
- - Ability to travel, up to 50% domestic/international
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.