Technical Program Manager - iPad
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Excellent project management skills, working in a lead role in a matrix organization.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking, and people-management skills
- Experience working with International OEM partners specializing in factory operations.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of experience in engineering and manufacturing.
- Meaningful experience in introducing products into manufacturing, or high volume production a large plus.
- Excellent project management skills, experience working in a matrix organization.
- Direct experience leading any of the following functional engineering teams a plus (ME, EE, TE, DFX, Etc.).
- Shown bottom line project management experience. (Planning, Cost, & Delivery).
- Experience working with International OEM partners.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40%.
- You should have the ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment.
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired.
- You should have validated working experience with DFm & DFx
- Consistent record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required.
- Required to understand and tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T principles a plus
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, servomotors, PLC and PC-based control systems a plus.
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPad brand at Apple. You will lead a team of engineers (DFx, DFm, test, SQE, PQE, etc.) and others in support of new product development as well as sustaining operations and ensuring the contract manufacturer readiness for very high volume production. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical operational issues related to SMT and system integration processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase. Responsibilities: - Ensuring Design for Manufacturability: Working closely with engineering teams through the entire development cycle to ensure that not only is the design robust, but that it is manufacturable in high-volumes - Contract-Manufacturer (CM) Readiness: Work with the CapEx, Fixture (Automation / Manual) and Factory teams at every build to ensure that the fixtures needed for assembling the product and the test stations for testing them are in place and qualified; SOP for assembling products are ready and the operators are trained - Yield management: Lead the team to triage all yield hitters and drive Failure Analysis (FA) to understand if the issues are on account of Design/Process/Part-quality and drive the responsible teams to address the issue - Communication: Synthesize information on the program (product readiness for mass-production, factory readiness, relevant, trade-offs, impact on development milestones) into concise communication for Senior Management
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial/Materials Engineering.
- Experience either in a manufacturing environment (process design/development/optimization) or as a product designer.