Senior Program Manager
Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is a technically savvy program/project manager and is able to provide excellent customer service, with an eye for identifying potential problem areas before they arise. The position requires a professional with proven experience and success in running the full life cycle of data center projects from design and build through to completion. Ensure compliance of all PMO standards, policies, processes within the organization.
- 10 years + of relevant work experience, including 6 years industry experience in handling large, complex projects.
- Strong familiarity with project management processes and methodology requirements.
- Familiar with a production operations or data center environment including an understanding of how a data center is built and how they are connected (inter/intra)
- A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, storage/SA/data protection experience.
- Ability to understand complex technical operations environments, communicate issues and provide solutions to all levels of the organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments of challenging priorities and work them through to an effective resolution
- Experience within complex interpersonal settings (e.g., PMO, geographic dispersion, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in leading cross-functional teams of different disciplines to deliver the desirable outcome to our organization in a timely and efficient manner. You will be highly organized and coordinate programs within the Apple Data Center operations environments. You will provide strategic mentorship and oversight to teams and project managers in ways that promote Apple's culture. You will be required to host effective meetings with professional discipline and rigor using industry tools for performance metric reporting. You possess strong communication and presentation skills at the senior level as well as the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business. The candidate must feel comfortable with, and remain calm in the face of uncertainty, rapid change, and bold deadlines common to rapidly growing companies with evolving business models. You will operate independently with strong conviction and drive multiple internal and external design, vendor and construction teams to perform with high quality and deliver to aggressive design schedules This individual will track all aspects of a given project; from site selection through to implementation and data center commissioning; will communicate progress, issues, and status to all relevant parties.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant experience.