SoC System Level Test Operations Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As the number of chipsets, testers, factories and needs for engineering support grow, Apple Silicon Product/Test R&D group is looking for an experienced systems/chip test development engineer to strengthen our team. On the team, you will drive the conception and design of a new class of testers, along with the definition of customized test hardware for our chipsets. Operational activities involve detailed coordination across multi-disciplinary teams, and external suppliers, to ensure availability and quality of the required hardware at our partners’ factories, mostly in Asia. You will apply your expertise in complex development projects, involving mechanical, electrical, computer controlled systems, and networks. Your extensive experience will also include driving suppliers, and familiarity with manufacturing environment, ideally overseas. Troubleshooting, analyzing issues, and actively contributing to the solutions will be a large part of your contribution to our success. If you enjoy fast-paced and challenging environment, and collaborating with people across different functional areas as well as thriving during crisis times, we encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years experience in delivering advanced test solutions, involving all suppliers & customers
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing process and validated understanding of Electronic Engineering fundamentals
- Direct experience in deploying and solving test solutions in manufacturing sites
- Expertise handling and resolving complex problems and challenges associated with overseas manufacturing
- Knowledge about system validation and test group interface and understanding of SoC Digital, Mixed Signal & PMIC products
- Ability to seamlessly balance multiple technologies or domains: EE, CS, ME, Infrastructure, Facilities, Logistics, Production, etc.
- Previous experience in software development is desirable, to effectively understand, communicate and drive SW/FW teams
- Shown results in driving deliverables for various projects and issues concurrently while retaining attention to details
- Good communication skills Description
- Manage suppliers for HW deliveries of tool installation (new SLT equipment and customized system-level test accessories) - Work with Apple internal Test teams, Product Engineering, QA, Product Management, SW engineering team for tool related issue diagnosis and resolution - Lead overall deployment of SLT at the OSATs, working closely with GSM and Test Engineering teams - Support tool qualification activities working with tool vendor, OSAT, Apple TE and QA teams. May involve domestic and international travel - Evaluate new product's testability and operability on the SLT coordinating with internal and external teams - Drive multiple suppliers and Contract Manufacturers. Host regular tracking meetings, publish reports
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE preferred