Acoustics Engineering Program Manager- Microphone Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our Microphone Engineering team contributes to microphone hardware design, validation, and troubleshooting to minimize distracting audible noises and optimize their sound quality. This is a diverse team of acoustics, mechanics, electronics and physics experts, accomplished listeners, and creative problem solvers. They work daily with multi-functional teams and external partners on innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to join Acoustics EPM team to drive Microphone technology development and qualification planning toward product deployment.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience running complex technology development, hardware product schedules and engineering build readiness down to the small details
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with ability to collaborate and motivate team members
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and remains flexible and calm in ambiguity. Filter and distill relevant information for the right audience is critical
- Ability to drive, multi-task and prioritize, while fostering a collaborative environment
- Experience to drive international semiconductor module or component design and manufacturing partners to execute development programs on schedules
- A passion for Audio and Acoustics
- MEMS development and qualification experience or Audio ASIC development and qualification experience such as those related to MEMS module development, testing, and manufacturing; MEMS sensor new product introduction (NPI) process implementation and execution; MEMS or ASIC project management and MEMS sensor quality management
Acoustic EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating technology roadmap, project definition, development schedules, qualification schedules, and project status in the development of new acoustic modules. EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled engineering teams to identify and resolve potential pitfalls to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. It is our responsibility to advocate for the best overall acoustic performance throughout the organization and drive a talented, passionate, experienced multi-functional team and external suppliers. We deliver best-in-class acoustic modules on schedule, facilitating risk management and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives. We do this by remaining in touch with big picture issues.
Education & Experience
Our most successful EPMs have advanced degrees in Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Business Administration or an equivalent field. But if you’ve followed a different path with expertise in MEMS, electronics, sensors, semiconductor manufacturing, acoustics or technical project management, that is fine too.