Operations Analytics Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we take pride in surprising and delighting our customers with innovative products and services that enrich lives. The people here at Apple explore ideas that create new markets and revolutionize how people live. They believe better solutions exist and focus on defining and perfecting them. Bring your passion, dedication, and expertise and find out how much you can make a difference. Join Apple, and help us make the world better for our future generations. We are seeking an Operations Analytics Lead to set the vision for and drive performance improvements within a fast-growing field engineering organization. Your expertise will support key operations-based initiatives within a Research and Development organization that will massively impact critical deliverables. We want you to help drive Apple’s strategy for data architecture, reporting, and analytics landscape to support a key vertical. Your combination of business insight and technical knowledge will be used to develop and deliver dashboards, insights and reports in support of rapid decision-making. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Special Projects Group’s Operations Technology team.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles including designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence reporting and analytics solutions
- Problem solving and analysis skills and business judgement
- Comfort with data modeling, reporting, and strong written and verbal skills
- Define KPIs and success metrics for the Operations Technology team
- Ability to effectively communication complex data to wide audiences, including executives, and build clear, concise presentations
- Comfort leading leadership-level decision making
- “Get things done” mentality and proven operational effectiveness
- Hands-on experience in Operations and R&D
- Experience supporting engineering projects through all phases, from design and analytic-based data optimization, to deployment, support, and training.
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization systems including Tableau
- Ability to translate ambiguous business requirements into analytical insights
- Effective at asking the right questions to ensure the final product you deliver solves the need or problem being addressed.
- Ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions within the company by unlocking the potential of every relationship.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present work to senior leadership.
- Able to work effectively on ambiguous data and constructs within a fast changing environment, tight deadlines and priority changes.
- Good work ethic and passion to go beyond what is expected
- Ability to optimize data discovery, business intelligence, reporting, and modeling capabilities.
- Experience with relational databases, data warehouses, and optimizing SQL statements on a large data set
- Experience with developing analytical frameworks, tools, and techniques for planning and communication
- Conduct rigorous quantitative, qualitative, strategic, and operational analysis
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting
- Develop productive cross-functional relationships with senior leadership
- In this role, you will partner with senior leadership to provide crucial, qualified insights grounded in distilled data that will be necessary for making critical decisions. You’ll move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail, bringing together analytically- derived ideas to overcome various operational challenges. You’ll ensure accurate, comprehensive, and clear insight is easily available to key leaders within the organization. Your analytics expertise will have extraordinary impact to our organization and Apple.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Finance, or related field. Masters degree (MS or MBA) a plus. - Knowledge about Advanced analytics, Machine Learning skills are added advantages Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.