Loss Prevention Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
We are hiring one Loss Prevention Manager based in Japan. You are responsible for facilitating and supporting Apple Retail Stores’ safety and security, handling shrinkage and working closely with market and store leadership to ensure that all aspects of Loss Prevention are in compliance with company standards and policies. You lead LP-initiated investigations and support other internal investigation agencies in cases involving store employees. You partner Legal, Privacy and Government Affairs to provide guidance to stores in response to requests from local police authorities.
- Prior experience in any of the following:
- Loss Prevention
- Retail Operations
- Commercial investigations
- Security operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Speak and write English and Japanese. Additional language abilities such as Korean is a plus.
- Ability to travel to stores, construction sites, and balance large number of people with different ethnicity/language.
- Travelling on short notice, for at least 50% of the work time.
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Maintain physical security systems and equipment (CCTV, access control, alarm) and the management of contract security guards to safeguard physical assets and employees. - Review the deployment of in-store security guards to ensure the prevailing risk exposure is mitigated, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of their deployment. Find opportunities for efficiency gains in guard’s deployment. Evaluate and approve/reject requests for additional guards due to ad hoc events, remodel or expansion projects. - Work with the guarding vendor to oversee the performances of guards meet requirements and expectation. Conduct investigations into complaints against guards, especially those concerning honesty and integrity. Implement solutions to close any control gaps. Partner Corporate Procurement to ensure contracts are up to date and renewals are initiated, or to seek new vendors through an accurate process of identifying, qualifying and selecting new vendors. - Lead security planning and implementation for major events such as new store openings and new product launches. These include queue management, resource staffing, and logistics (such as stanchions and metal barricades). Work closely with stores and Market Support functions (such as Marketing) for such events. - Investigate all losses / shortages, fraud, security violations and other irregularities with prima face evidence, i.e. suspicion is predicated on reasonable and substantial grounds: - Investigate major incidents at the stores and submit written updates and escalators in accordance to prevailing policies. - Conduct research and interviews with informants / suspects. Submit written reports on investigations activities performed and findings. Partner People Business Partners (Human Resources and/or Employee Relations) in coordinating case-management conferences where necessary to ensure alignment. - Partner and share information with other internal investigations agencies such as Global Security and Business Assurance & Audit (formerly Internal Audit) to improve investigation efficiency. - Monitor, collect and analyse information on persons of interests (POI), fraud trends and modus operands to improve solving rates: - Passionately monitor risk indicators and other control breaches to identify employee theft, fraud and violations. - Partner Crisis Management Office (CMO) and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) to ensure the store leadership and employees are ready and prepared to deal with crisis situations. This includes putting in place and reviewing policies and procedures, conducting training and providing real-time mentorship / response during an emergency. - Assist the CMO and other business partners to support the Retail teams in understanding active risks to business continuity as a result of incidents such as inclement weather, earthquakes, protest activity, impact to public transportation, etc. - Participate in Threat Assessment Team (TAT) calls as required and provide mentorship / support from a safety / security or police engagements perspective. - Support LP’s Security Operations to ensure all new stores and the leased spaces of existing stores are adequately protected. Review and update Physical Security Plan for each store regularly. Seek opportunities and conduct training on safety, security, police engagements and other LP-related subject matters to store leadership and other appropriate partners / stakeholders. - Engage with market and store leadership (Market Leaders, Flag Leaders, Store Leaders) regularly, as well as other functions such as Store Strategies, Retail Marketing, Government Affairs, Preservation & Development, etc.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching.