Computer Vision Testing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
- You have at least 2 years of experience working, in the area of testing with camera systems and computer vision features
- Real passion for quality, exceptional attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, be able to describe and document clearly
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work multi-functionally with other teams and groups
- Experience with computer vision & video processing preferred
- Experience in lens characterization methodology and calibration would be plus
- Experience on camera/depth sensing device/optical device test would be plus
- Experience in image processing or software development, programming experience with C++ / Matlab / Python would be plus.
As part of computer vision testing team, you will work with and learn from world-class developers from Apple Computer Vision and Apple Camera engineering groups. You also need to be able to adapt fast pace, can follow development cycle and always deliver within short deadline. Pick up computer vision technology in a short time Ask right questions and help camera and computer vision developers track issues Develop test plans with the goal of thorough system evaluation Perform testing and failure analysis twice per week or more Deliver reports that are suitable for executive level presentation