Systems Engineering Manager, K12 Education
Reston, Virginia, United States
Sales and Business Development
At the end of the day, our Education customers need to know that with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. We are the ones who make believers out of them. We guide customers on their journey to choose the right technical architecture to achieve their goals.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organization. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyze the market and think beyond the short-term.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to build and motivate a team. You create an environment that is collaborative and one that empowers team members to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you step up to the plate and mobilize the right resources to ensure all problems are resolved.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to shifting priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You have experience in leading technical solutions-orientated organizations that balanced delivering on short-term goals, while creating sustainable value for customers, and demand for the future.
- You will bring relevant experience leading technical Education System Engineering organizations.
We build and lead great Systems Engineering teams providing pre-sales support to our Education customers. We assemble the right people, motivate them, enable them with the right tools, and support their technical expertise development. We align the SE team closely to the Sales team and Education Account business plans. We mobilize resources for growth and delivery. We are engaged with our Education customers and follow through to ensure all commitments are met. We ensure the SE team deeply understands their account’s business and technical ambitions, and is seen as a trusted advisor to maximize sales revenue and ensure customer satisfaction.
Education & Experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.