Operations Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the dramatic growth of iOS products we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineering team is seeking for an individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills with a focus on test engineering. You will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Operations, and Business teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical experience in high volume mobile device/computers/consumer electronics manufacturing
- Requires technical background (e.g. hardware development, instrumentation, test) with knowledge of camera and optical technology preferred.
- Experience with developing and/or implementing complex manufacturing test equipment and automation is strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, statistical analysis, failure analysis, root cause investigation, and DOE management.
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; operate comfortably in a fast moving and flexible environment.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams including engineering, operations, business functions and external suppliers, using savvy influencing skills to drive decisions and meet business critical goals
- Ability to travel to global manufacturing sites to work with regional test teams and suppliers at key points in the product development cycle. (Up to 25% international travel)
You will be responsible to drive and ensure efficient and robust manufacturing test solutions in new product supply chain, through components, modules, and up to full system level. • Plan, implement and maintain test solutions for New Product Introductions to Apple global manufacturing sites. • Partner with engineering teams to understand technology roadmap and test requirement; assess the impact on test strategy • Engage cross-functional team and act as key stakeholder in test strategy and roadmap planning and discussions • Work with internal cross functional teams and suppliers to ensure the test equipment / processes required for production meet the Apple standards for high volume manufacturing • Lead the optimization and improvement of test methodologies and instrumentation to enhance quality and operational efficiency in production • Drive to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues across the supply chain • Proactively identify test related issues throughout product cycles and drive for timely resolution • Present concise technical and program updates to executive teams on a regular basis • Work closely with peers in other product areas to ensure the most optimal test processes across all products/sites
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Physics, Optical Science, Imaging Science, or equivalent preferred