NPI Safety & Sustainability Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made and the Supplier Responsibility team upholds values around human rights, environment, health and safety in our global supply chain. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Experience launching consumer electronic products that incorporate safety & sustainable design principles
- Experience collaborating with product development teams, establishing and leading cross-functional sustainability projects, and influencing strategic business decisions
- Experience working closely with manufacturing component factories
- Experience in procurement or due diligence (supplier or material sourcing) preferred
- You are an equal parts communicator, project manager and strategic thinker who can:
- Simplify technical content in order to communicate risk and solutions to suppliers and Apple executives,
- Execute on strategy and track progress against goals,
- Collaborate, influence and drive consensus among diverse technical, business and external stakeholders,
- Manage third party vendors to ensure timely delivery of program objectives,
- Be flexible but action-oriented, capable of dealing with ambiguity, and
- Excel at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
As a Safety & Sustainability PM, you will lead and scale Apple’s safety & sustainability goals during the early development phases of Apple’s hardware products. You will help ensure the highest standards for protecting people and the environment are in place where Apple’s global suppliers operate. Responsibilities include working with cross-functional teams to evaluate new suppliers and technologies, assessing risk and providing recommendations to eliminate hazards throughout all phases of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and handoff to sustaining operations. In this role, you will be an embedded partner who influences the adoption of inherently safer and sustainable practices with respect to the following, culminating to a sustainability product roadmap for future hardware products: • Material and chemical selection • Manufacturing process design • Supplier selection
Education & Experience
• Minimum BS/BA degree, Master’s degree preferred in an EHS field or MBA.
- • At least 4+ years relevant experience.
- • Solid understanding of electronics technology, supply chain, and manufacturing processes.
- • Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English. Chinese language preferred but not required.