Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Come join Apple Finance as a member of one of the most visible departments in the organization. Our Corporate FP&A team has an opening for an experienced Financial/Senior Financial Analyst who will take ownership and drive the Corporate Unit forecast for one of Apple’s key products. This is a highly visible and exciting role, rich in analytics and playing a critical role to support strategic decision making. This will involve collaborating with key functions including Supply Demand Management, Worldwide Sales Finance, Regional Finance & Sales teams, and Worldwide Product Marketing. Furthermore, the role offers the opportunity to obtain a 'big picture' view of the Company's performance while at the same time improving processes to drive forecast efficiencies and accuracy.
- 3+ years of professional Finance experience; with exposure to detailed analytics and forecasting, along with a collaborative approach to decision making
- MS Excel expert
- Strong analytical background; prior experience in demand forecasting a strong plus
- Exceptionally detail oriented and able to translate big-picture analysis while never losing sight of the finer points. Must be comfortable and adept at managing data sets that can reach into the millions of intersections.
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Extremely curious - not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and social skills; must be able to form positive relationships with business partners and peers
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality around product launches, corporate forecasts and other strategic initiatives
In this role, you will: Model the demand forecast for your assigned product, by region and by channel. Drive deep collaboration with internal teams and robust analysis of the many different forecast views and methodologies, including analytics on unit performance trends, mix shifts, cannibalization assessments, market share performance, country or worldwide promotional support, demand generation activities and elasticity on sales trends. Play a lead role in the development of Apple’s Corporate Forecast and the overall P&L outlook. Support other critical Corporate Finance deliverables including quarter-end deep-dive analytics and assist in the preparation of materials for the quarterly Earnings process.
Education & Experience
Prefer: BA or BS in Finance related field