Product Cost Analyst - WW Procurement Finance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our customers and if you bring it to your job....there's no telling what we will accomplish. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including iPhone, iPad, Portables and Desktops. At Apple we share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation”. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and can-do thinking. The WW Product Cost group provides analytical support for critical cost data including standard costs and actual costs for Apple. You will be responsible for the monthly consolidation of all component costs for the creation of finished goods purchase orders. You will partner with multiple Global Supply Managers, Business Operations Team members, and Contract Manufacturers to successfully complete monthly responsibilities. This position requires a strong, highly organized individual who can problem solve, manage multiple deliverables and work as part of a team. Do you possess exceptional analytical, interpersonal and communication skills? Do you have the ability to work under minimal direct supervision, while performing a variety of complex and non-routine tasks and effectively dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty? If so, this could be the role for you.
- 4+ years business planning, operations and/or fp&a experience
- Looking for a high degree of business and financial acumen
- Are you detail oriented and able to handle vast amounts of data efficiently and accurately?
- We seek a partner to help influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with and explain financial concepts to non-finance people
- Demonstrated drive for success and a passion for growth and development
- Ability to simultaneously focus on the near and long term aspects of the business
- Are you highly organized and maintain the highest level of accuracy?
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE: - Setting worldwide monthly purchase order costs including analysis and commentary on variances - Auditing special purchase price variance claims - BOM management and coordination with OEMs worldwide to validate commodity costs - Ad Hoc analysis and support for various teams company wide - Working with cross functional business partners to ensure that costs for key commodities are accurately collected - This position provides an excellent opportunity to learn about Operations Finance from the ground up - Strong Excel and FileMaker skills desired; SAP and Tableau are also a plus
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics is preferred