HR Processing and Records Senior Specialist
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People Team, you’ll help support our most important resource: our people. Together, we will search the world to build our collective of hardworking visionaries and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow expertly and support them in work and life. Join our People Team and help support the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. This position is based on site in Austin, Texas.
- You’re an expert when it comes to records retention, compliance and establishing standard practices.
- Your creativity enables you to independently determine solutions related to complex data and file usage.
- Getting to know people is something you enjoy and you use this talent to build partnerships and communicate clear and relevant guidance. You have the ability to do this independently while promoting open communication and teamwork.
- Analyzing needs relative to the retention, storage, retrieval and final disposition of records are where your attention to detail will be well utilized.
- You have an eye for identifying potential risks and ability to negotiate when needed to maintain accurate and compliant standards across the region for both data and documentation.
- Navigating ambiguity doesn’t make you uncomfortable, you see it as an opportunity to demonstrate your curiosity through applying known rules and asking questions. This leads to a clear and documented path to results.
- You contribute directly to the success of the team through operational execution, critical thinking, and implementing strategic plans.
We directly impact the employee experience every day through providing expert, connected support to all Apple employees around the world. We are a dynamic team responsible for data and records management of multiple countries across the globe and based in Austin, TX. We align business needs and regulatory requirements to handle employment data and documents, process complex data updates, and maintain file storage. We process and maintain business-essential records. The Sr. Specialist is a highly collaborative and cross-functional individual who drives team readiness, delivers training, partners with program owners, and coaches the People Records team on meeting a variety of unique support needs. We track program performance and provide relevant insights to program leaders to drive improvements to enhance the employee experience. - Responsible for ensuring team readiness for the implementation of global program offerings in alignment with key events throughout the year. - Lead engagement with internal support partners and key teams to ensure our knowledge management systems are current and effective. - Design and deliver training on new programs and changes to Apple process and policy across multiple lines of business and countries. - Responsible for Specialist coaching and feedback related to support effectiveness. - Directly research and resolve employee support cases as needed. - Apply exceptional analytical skills to figure out level of support required and work cross-functionally with subject matter experts and leadership to resolve unique challenges, and resolve case issues. - Takes ownership for creating an exceptional employee experience for all employees and positively impacts the company culture. - Review web based content for accuracy with responsibility for submitting updates and influencing improvements. - Lead and coordinate business reviews with global program owners while aligning on commitments to follow up actions. - Participate and/or lead global projects or process improvements while approaching opportunities with creativity and fresh ideas.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred - Minimum of 5 years experience with 2 years focused on complex, compliant, and confidential worldwide data management - Experience with HRIS systems (Workday, Oracle, SAP, etc) - Experience with Mac OS preferred - Experience with Excel preferred (intermediate)