Ruby on Rails Engineer, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Engineering team is looking for an expert and proven software engineer to build and enhance our algorithmic quality evaluation tools. Are you passionate about using data to drive decision making? Do you thrive on building solutions rapidly and then iterating on them? Do you like the variety of work that comes with working on a full-stack application? The Evaluation team within AMP Engineering has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. Our team focuses on tools and systems for measuring critical metrics and quality across a variety of features - specifically Search, Recommendations, and meta-data enrichment.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails. You should have professional experience with Ruby and Rails and be comfortable working in a medium to large Rails codebase.
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code.
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable writing tests for their code
- Optional Qualifications:
- Search / Recommendation experience.
- Proficiency in big data (structured and unstructured).
- Understanding of large-scale applications.
- PostgreSQL administration and tuning experience
Help the team build ways to visualize and interact with large data sets from the App Store and Apple Music products. The tools you build will help our engineers and data scientists improve features and experiences for Apple customers. You will be on the team responsible for ETL, automation, analysis, and reporting for new features and media products at Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience.