Hardware Secrecy Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you instinctively know how and when to take action? Do you love performing under intense pressure? As part of our Global Security group, you’ll help manage the security needs of Apple’s most valuable assets: our people and innovations. Along with your team, you’ll be part of an important defense system that protects Apple employees and their work around the world. Your work will help create solutions to a variety of unique security challenges, ranging from the physical security of Apple facilities to the protection of our supply chain. Join us, and you’ll play a significant role in preserving the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world. Help protect the next generation of Apple products by applying your superb organizational skills, outstanding customer service focus, and renowned discretion in a fast pace environment that can take you from the loading dock to the stockroom, from the library to the lab, as you track and distribute our most confidential prototypes.
- Ability to think quickly and perform problem-solving tasks, even within rapidly changing conditions.
- Leadership skills, whether guiding by example or coaching a group.
- Courage to take initiative and drive projects to completion.
- Track record of working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Strong organizational skills, quickly evaluating every situation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with inventory tracking and reporting.
As a Hardware Secrecy Specialist, you have the incredible responsibility of ensuring prototypes make it safely into engineers’ hands. You will help receive secure shipments from factories, update our global tracking database, distribute prototypes to engineers, and collect old hardware for secure destruction. Additionally, you will help refine and improve processes, keep our stockroom and library organized, and meticulously track the location of thousands of items. In a typical day you may follow up with cross-functional partners to resolve key issues. Be assigned short-term or ongoing projects to improve the services we provide to the engineering community. Or be asked to work collaboratively with your teammates to audit and implement security policy. And when a new product is publicly announced you will celebrate the success along with the project team knowing your hard work allowed us to surprise and delight our customers.
Education & Experience
- - You can meet multiple deadlines each week.
- - You are dedicated to observing security guidelines.
- - You will need to be flexible with your schedule.
- - Your work hours will be based on business needs and this role may require some early mornings or late evenings.
- - Strong computer skills, including experience creating advanced searches of online databases and working with Microsoft Excel.
- - Knowledge of pivot tables is a plus.
- - Familiarity with Apple’s products and basic troubleshooting preferred.
- - Ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- - This position also requires the ability to push or pull loaded carts and pallets of goods occasionally.
- - Receive secure shipments from factories, update our global tracking database, distribute prototypes to engineers, and collect old hardware for secure destruction.
- - Meticulous attention to detail, ability work efficiently and with a sense of urgency.