Education Sales Program Manager (Named Accounts)
Austin, Texas, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple Education has an opening for a program manager experienced in the management of technical projects. The position is part of the Apple Education Sales team and will be responsible for coaching, planning and execution of multiple, simultaneous projects where the Apple sales team works with named accounts to plan for and deploy Apple products to K12 education customers. Management of project work is typically performed while working remotely and onsite visits to the customer requiring overnight travel.
- Experience deploying large numbers of mobile devices to customers for quick adoption into their environment.
- Demonstrated experience as the central contract point, managing multiple, simultaneous hardware and services oriented projects.
- The ability to effectively plan and manage large scale technical projects.
- The ability to plan and communicate effectively, manage Apple and contracted resources, prepare appropriate documentation and reports, delegate tasks to project team members, manage project risk, and track our Service Level Agreements.
- The ability to assist the sales teams with closing pre-sales opportunities by positioning services at pre-sales meetings and conference calls and assisting with scoping.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and is able to bring structure and clarity where none exists.
- Experience planning and conducting meetings, both in person and remotely.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, when working both remotely and in person with customers and colleagues.
- Able to anticipate risks and issues before they escalate and proactively drive toward a solution.
- Has the ability to develop and deliver high quality presentations.
- Excels when working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Has exemplary organizational skills.
- Has strong analytical skills with a methodical attention to detail.
- Possesses a strong work ethic with the ability to work in a home office and juggle multiple projects yet stay focused until a job is complete.
- Has a track record of continuous improvement and enjoys developing new skills and learning new technologies.
- Effectively works with diverse groups of customers, sub-contractors and Apple personnel.
- Travel required up to 50% of the time.
- Willingness and ability to relocate for a long term project is a plus.
You will drive projects to meet Apple’s and our customer’s goals and objectives for long term success and sustainability. You will manage, through our service providers and internal team members, the timely and effective delivery of Apple-related equipment. You will oversee all aspects of the Apple project scope, including the development of timelines, resource allocation and reporting on the project's status to internal and external stakeholders. Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the customer on their deliverables and major project milestones. Collaborate with team members to develop or update processes and improve business practices. Plan, manage and execute, multiple, simultaneous, large- and small-scale hardware deployments, including software image creation, device and peripheral shipments, and server system deployments. Encourage accurate and timely communications amongst all parties involved in a project. Plan and conduct project team meetings and conference calls. Coordinate activities delivered by multiple parties. Anticipate and manage risks, issues and key decisions with various parties, including the customer, the project team, management and the sales team. Use project management site to share information and track and report project status. Perform site visits to schools as needed. Plan and oversee technology rollout events. Coach and advise customers to help ensure their long term success. Conduct post-project reviews and provide analytical results to Professional Services management.
Education & Experience
- 5-10 years of experience as a project manager, consultant, or program manager. - College Degree required. - Familiarity with macOS and iOS. - Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to obtain. - Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) certification or the ability to obtain via self-study within 90 days of hire.