Wet Etch Process Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Work with a team of diverse technical backgrounds to develop a novel product.
- 3+ years of experience in semiconductor process and technology development.
- Experience with photoresist cleaning, metal wet etching or electroplating is preferred.
- Have experience with automated and semi-automated Wet Etch tools in cleanroom environment.
- Have hands-on experience with running beaker level experiments.
- Familiar with using semiconductor metrology tools such as ellipsometer, film thickness measurement tools, particle scan tools.
- Experience with SPC quality control methods and MES.
- Process development experience working with chemical vendors and/or optimizing chemical formulations.
- Understanding of surface and analytical characterization techniques such as ICP-MS, SEM and TEM.
- Experience with setting up DOE and reviewing data using JMP, Klarity or other data analysis tools.
- Familiar with troubleshooting defect and yield issues.
- Ability to plan and execute well-designed experiments and produce concise reports.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a group with diverse technical backgrounds.
• Research and apply new wet etch chemistries and methods to achieve product specifications. • Maintain quality control of tools and processes to deliver consistent tool and process performance. • Contribute efforts towards defect reduction and improved yield of product. • Requires close interaction with cross-functional teams that include Process Development Engineers, Process Integration Engineers, Equipment Engineers and Tool Vendors. • Some business travel may be required.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science or related fields, or equivalent industry experience.