Cellular RFIC Test Automation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing Cellular wireless design team? Our team is responsible for all aspects of 5G NR cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. As a wireless test automation engineer, you will be at the center of the wireless system characterization effort within a team responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art wireless communication devices. In this role, you will develop the test and automation frameworks used by the test and validation teams to characterization the cellular RFIC. You will architect and implement the test framework supporting bringup, characterization, and system testing flows.
- We want you to have 5+ years of wireless system characterization experience in communication system on chips. We are open to multiple experience levels.
- Deep understanding of test SW development fundamentals and code management.
- Hands-on experience with wireless system FW/SW regression test.
- Experience with digital interfaces including SPI/I2C/JTAG, FPGA, and production test systems.
- Familiarity with data storage, databases, and data visualization tools.
- Proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages such as Python, C/C++, Matlab, SCPI, Perl.
- Team spirit, excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges are essential to have.
- Gather requirements, architect, and implement and maintain the test automation framework covering the wireless SoC test flow. - Develop SW routines for automating test equipment control, device control, data acquisition and processing. - Bring up and test wireless SoC, Perform system integration, characterization and optimization. - Work with RF validation engineers to develop test plan, analyze test data and generate test reports. - Research and develop advanced calibration and measurement techniques. - Automate repetitive measurements using standard scripting languages. - Continually work improve testing speed, coverage, and accuracy.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required, MSEE preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.