Sr. Engineering Program Manager, Security - Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come build the next generation cloud platform to support Apple’s products & services! Our engineering project management team partners closely with an outstanding engineering team to develop and deploy software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting Apple services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our platform ensures that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, fast, cost-effective and secure. You will utilize both open source and in- house technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the most trusted platform. You have an opportunity to own and deliver software at a humongous scale, larger than you will find at nearly any other company on Earth. Bring your passion and dedication to Apple and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you ready?
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience preferably in a cloud platform group
- Strong technical proficiency in software development. Bonus points for past software development and security experience
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively
- Experience working with customers/developers to help define requirements and implement a solution architecture
- Experience in process engineering to improve existing processes with a metrics driven approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitations skills (requirements sessions; design meetings; progress and status meetings)
- Detail oriented and organized with a strong discipline of adhering to and advocating for standards.
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, ambitious, proactive, and self-sufficient
Apple Cloud Services is looking for a program manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adept at turning ambiguity into action. We're looking for someone who enjoys diving deep into the technology, with a consistent track record of shipping complex, multi-functional projects under demanding timelines. This role requires the ability to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems. You will partner with various DRIs and partners to create and drive the activity plan, deliverables, dependencies, and outcome of projects, reporting on risks, dependencies, and budget, while looking ahead to identify upcoming issues and work around them before they impact the project. You will ensure execution is consistent or exceeds established Program Office standards and processes, and that reporting occurs on a regular, consistent basis with a high-level of accuracy. Other tasks include: Manage multi-functional Security related projects and initiatives Handle the day-to-day aspects of the project and its scope, including possible conflicting priorities and business interests - Be firmly in the weeds with your partners Drive decisions, blocking issues and conflict resolution with neutral, empathic, data-driven communications Effectively and consistently communicate project goals and objectives. This includes difficult/sensitive project information to management, the project team and the cross-functional partner teams. Develop process support documents to share with teams that will adopt the new process. Identify process and project improvement areas, propose solution, carry through to roll-out. Obtain approval from key partners when the process is ready to be implemented and ensure that all key partners are fully aware of progress, challenges and any updates. Proactively review surrounding projects for partners and identify resource strain and dependency clusters, follow up on outstanding issues, and assist with issue identification and replication.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree, Masters or MBA are considered a plus.