Sr. Engineering Project Manager, Music Creation Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Music Creation team creates software applications for musicians to compose, record, and produce music — so anyone, from amateur to professional, can create their next musical masterpiece. The Music Creation Application team is looking for a seasoned Engineering Project Manager with a passion for building software products that will fuel the creative music community. We are looking for that individual who takes ownership, and is committed to delivering outstanding products. As a member of our team, you'll be responsible for driving delivery of upcoming releases of applications like Logic Pro, GarageBand and Voice Memos.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Expert project manager with full project lifecycle experience of customer-facing products
- Experienced in developing processes to increase communication and efficiency between Engineering, QA, Design, Marketing and Leadership teams
- Proven track record for coordinating work across cross-functional & geographically diverse teams
- Enjoys technical challenges and can work with various teams to resolve delivery dependencies
- Experience managing projects using Agile software development e.g. Scrum or Kanban, and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management, and cross-functional teams
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self motivated and pro-active
- Initiative to build new processes & introduce systems in order to champion more effective product development
Apple is seeking a high-energy and self-driven Sr. Engineering Project Manager who will play a central role in the delivery of Apple's Music Creation Applications. We are looking for someone who understands software development (Agile and Scrum) and has experience working with software engineering, Design, QA, Marketing, and across external teams to manage and track deliverables. The position is hands-on. You'll be deep in product details and requirements, challenged to innovate and strategize, build relationships, and drive results. Our team is culturally and geographically diverse, with offices in Cupertino, California, Germany, and Edinburgh. You will be challenged to regularly coordinate and communicate across all of our teams. Occasional travel to these offices is likely. As a member of our team, you’ll have the rare & rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will inspire millions of Apple’s customers to create music.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with 10+ years of relevant software development industry experience.