Instrumentation & Test Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The touch technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies. The team features opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness is expected and encouraged. Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged. Invention, IP and patent creation is expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of the touch technology team at Apple.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of test development experience,
- EE background with hands on exposure on SW. (C/C++, scripting language)
- Familiar with using and programming bench top instrumentations like Oscilloscopes, power suppliers, network analyzers, source meters etc
- Familiar with communication protocols like TCP/IP, GPIB IEEE, RS232, USB
- Experienced working on test handlers, sockets, fixtures. Understanding Mechanical Engineering concepts especially related to test handlers/probers is a plus.
- Understanding of computer vision and image processing methodologies are desirable.
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to understand and perform statistical data analysis
- Able to travel internationally 30% of the time.
This individual will play a key role in architecting, specifying, designing, developing and launching our touch technology product characterization and production Instrumentation. Candidate will be responsible for, • Hardware validation and characterization • Authoring sensor technology Instrumentation software engineering requirements documents. • Prototyping, bring-up, debug and characterization testers for Apple new products • Preparing and deliver presentations • Production instrumentation software creation and roll-out to suppliers • Supplier liaison, including supporting instrumentation bring up and qualification at engineering builds, usually in Asia. • Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.